The Messiah of Morris Avenue by Tony Hendra download in ePub, pdf, iPad
An obliging angel of the Lord had informed him that he was the reincarnation of Simon Stylites, a saint who'd spent the best years of his life atop a fifty-foot pole, sustained by bread and water. The story starts off by trying to Christianize Hollywood, which can't be done, because the Prince of Peace does not favor chauvinism.
Hollywood had fought back. It's not an entirely new idea, but Tony Hendra gives it real life.
The Inquiring Mind was premised on an obvious if depressing reality. Tony Hendra may not be a familiar name, but he's been around.
He claims to be the second coming of Jesus, come back to earth to explain all the things he said and did the first time around. The Reverend failed to see his own hypocrisy. Whether he met those people is unknown, but Hendra has written a new novel about some pretty wicked people and the ways they search for salvation.
One source said the miracle worker's people called him Jay and they all traveled together in a beat-up van. If necessary, ten cardinal sinners can be terminated simultaneously. No, the Messiah does not approve. It's not Jay's authenticity, it's just his message that really matters.
Problem was, they were largely indistinguishable. Then they'd find out there'd been no cure and fall apart. Then there were the messiahs.
- Pharmacology for Rehabilitation Professionals
- Haunted New Orleans
- Euler's Gem
- Revolutionary Ideas
- Rechtsregeln für die geschlossene Kapitalgesellschaft
- Ten Dollar Dinners
- Feminist Perspectives on Tort Law
- The Father Pat Stories
- Distance Teaching for the Third World
- Milestones and Turning Points in Development Thinking
- Von Pascal zu Assembler
- Dan Walker's Football Thronkersaurus
- Recollections of War Times
- Situations Matter
- The Con Job
- Advances in Thermodynamics of the van der Waals Fluid
- Security for the Digital World within an Ethical Framework
- The Personal and the Professional in Aid Work